Important Exhibiting Information
We have appointed Joe Manby Limited as our official electrical contractor and they are responsible for carrying out all the electrical installations on site. All Electrical work must comply with the Regulations of the Exhibition Venue Association (EVA), the Hall Owners and the Exhibition Organisers.
Refer to the ELECTRICAL ORDER FORM for all electrical additional requirements.
Cables & Wiring
- All wiring must be carried out in PVC Twin and Earth cable, not less than 1.5m2.
- The maximum length of the flexible cord on an appliance or 4-way trailing lead is 2m.
- Multi-way plug-in type and bayonet adaptors are not permitted.
- Plug tops must comply with British Standard BS1363 and be suitably fused.
- Not more than one flexible cord shall be connected to one plug top.
Multiple Socket Outlet Trailing Leads
- Only one 4-way unit can be used per socket and is subject to a maximum loading of 500w.
Clients Own Light
- Please ensure that your lights are tested prior to bring them to site, together with documentary proof as spot checks may be carried out on site.
- Spare lamps should be supplied, as maintenance is not included with clients own lights.
- Lighting connections must not exceed 1200w.
- Lamps and appliances with high surface temperatures should be guarded and used away from combustible materials.
- See separate section regarding'Choosing the Right Sockets or Connections for Your Own Light Fittings'
Low Voltage Lighting
- Transformers must be fused on both the primary and secondary sides.
- Consideration should be given to the positioning of your transformers, to avoid volt drop and they must be well ventilated and easily accessible.
- Socket used for clients own lights must not exceed 1000w.
- Ensure that you order the correct socket by checking the reference tag fitted to all appliances. Specifying incorrect sockets will result in additional costs and delays on site.
- All sockets are single conventional British metal clad outlets.
- See separate section regarding 'Choosing the Right Socket Outlet'.
- Each stand will have its own 30ma RCD consumer unit or distribution board, which must be easily and readily available at all times in the event of an emergency.
- We will position the consumer board on the back of the shell scheme fascia board unless otherwise instructed.
- Space only sites must indicate where they would like their distribution board installed.
24 Hour Power
- If power is required overnight for a fridge or computer then 24 hour power must be requested at the time of the order being placed.
- Please submit a plan outlining both the height and position of the fittings ordered, together with the desired position of the mains board.
- Failure to submit a plan will result in the fittings being placed at our discretion; site alterations will result in a surcharge and possible delays.
Return to Important Exhibitor Information